Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's a new year

With summer winding down, we are gearing up for the boys to be in 5th and 7th grades this year. YIKES! Where oh where did the time go? It seems just yesterday that my 2 little men were even littler men. I'm a little sad about how fast time has gone, but at the same time, every stage is so exciting!

Football for Benjamin is well under way. He has some great kids and some great coaches this year, so he is pretty excited about this season. Brian is coaching again, and is so far liking the coach and his ideas. 7th grade is going to be a great year for Benjamin.

Christian is finishing up his summer work sheets, and is actually doing them w/o constant reminders! He rocked his MCA scores this year, and I am so so proud of him. Hopefully because of such great scores he'll start 5th grade on a better note than past years. I pray that this is the boost he needs to go into a school year with confidence that he hasn't had before. If any child deserves a break...it's this one!

My schedule at work has been so flexible... and nearly non existant this summer. I have been blessed with ALOT of time off! Thank goodness for a boss who respects a working mother. In addition to being given a ridiculous amount of time off this summer, I have also been given a new schedule. One that includes every Friday off. What? Every Friday? Yep. Best part is that I didn't even ask for it...it was offered to me. Awesome! 3 day weekends, and a solid day that I can dedicate to Lincoln, not only to volunteer, but to sub if they need me! Seriously, this job just can't get any better!

I really have been blessed with a husband and sons whom I love, friends that I adore, a job that contours our family perfectly, and a community of people who support me unconditionally. Praise God for all His blessings.

I'm looking forward to our Bible study at church to start back up...along with Confirmation for Benjamin, my final year as PPT president, my first fall with a regularily scheduled job, and free time to do my thing, as well as an entire day to dedicate to one of my favorite places! This is going to be a fantastic year for sure!

No comments: