Saturday, December 11, 2010

The View From Here



It's been a wonderful, snowy, cozy day. Our frozen tundra has been experiencing a wonderful winter storm since last night. And now...this is the view we have from our front door.
I got the priviledge of watching Brian and the neighbors plow each others driveway, 6 men plowing and shoveling their way through this glorious snow -- together!

It was awesome to watch from my cozy kitchen! These 5 men (+ one more) are champions for doing everyone's driveways! What a wonderful community we are blessed to be a part of!

A lazy morning, a hot cup of coffee, a stop at Trader Joes (yes, we have one now!!!!) and a day of cooking have been the perfect snow day activities for me! Now, while the gingerbread dough cools in the fridge before rolling, we are going to wrap some gifts! I love this time of year!!

1 comment:

Debra said...

Lovely site Jodie. Great photos of the winter wonderland. And that song, What a Wonderful World, adds just the right touch.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Hope you'll swing by and visit me too. I love company:)
Debra

http://debrasblogpureandsimple.blogspot.com