Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day


This year marked yet another wonderful Mother's Day. Our plan this year--Have no plan! After church we spent some time shopping, visted with my mom and sister, and got some work done in the yard. There are 2 large perennial gardens that are full of flowers and shrubs and plants that will bloom at different times! I am excited and nervous to be the caretaker, but I'm up for the challenge!

Benjamin had his first game in the Majors this week. It was fun to watch him back in the "swing". Brian is helping coach again this year...which left me w/o my game watching buddy, but it is fun to see him out there too. He has also agreed to be Assistant Cub Master this year for scouts. Neither of us are sure what he has signed on for, but it should make for an interesting year. Especially when football and scouts overlap in the fall.

I didn't work at all this week so it was the perfect week to catch up on homework, yardwork, housework, and ME time! The weather couldn't have been better for a week off of work! I went to a cute little knitting shop next to church where I found the needles I had been searching for to finish Christian's hat. It looks great, he put it on today and he loves it! My first project is a success! I have a few more that I am looking forward to getting started, including hats for the rest of the family. Maybe even his and hers scarfs?

No comments: