Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ahhh summer!

Today has been a perfectly uneventful day. The boys have friends over, the house is chaotic, the dog had an accident in the living room, I booked our vacation, baked some cookies, and read a book.

Glorious!

Benjamin cut my camera cord in half. He was trying to create 1 cord from 2 cords. It didn't work. Now I can't upload pictures.

The dog chewed the cord of our new laptop. It no longer works. When B went to Best Buy and Radio Shack he discovered a universal cord would cost nearly $100. After picking his jaw up from the floor, we ordered one online--specifically for our laptop-- for $23 (including shipping) it will be here this week.

In the meantime I am using my old laptop. GASP! I know...it's working now. Of course. We bought a new one, and miraculously this one started to work. But only propped with the cord a certain way. Beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I got a new chair at work. It's comfy.

I had the last 10 days off from work, and after working 6, I will have another 9 off. That makes me happy too.

I did some rearranging in the house. Remember this room?
It is now our former formal dining room. Remember this room. Well. that very door is one of my favorite things about this house. We can sit in that room with the screen door closed, and feel as if we are outside. Unfortunately, as a formal dining room it was not getting utilized the way it should, so I thought it would be best to combine the 2 rooms. We need to make a trip to get more book shelves now, because what once was wall to wall floor to ceiling in our small spare room, is no longer wall to wall floor to ceiling in our former dining room. BUT! It looks awesome! If I do say so myself. (thanks babe for the muscles!)

Summer has been pretty good to us so far, so I will continue to count the blessings that I have. I will continue to think of my dad with each day, and my heart does continue to ache when I think of my loss. Selfishly I want him with me.

I'll be back. Hopefully on the new laptop, and with pictures uploaded. Until then, check out ANOTHER cool blog! I was entranced by this through the world of Facebook. Have fun! Catalog Living

No comments: