Sunday, December 14, 2008

Relaxing!

For the first time in ????? we were able to just hang out at home as a family this afternoon and evening! No distractions, no phone calls, no meetings or homework! It was wonderful! But let me back up...
Our week was full of all of the above! Each night was scheduled with SOMEthing to do. On top of having something every night, I was at Lincoln everyday this week either subbing or volunteering...which I love! I'll skip the evening hub-bub and go straight to Thursday which was Benjamin's school program.
(he is in the middle playing the air trumpet!)
He didn't have an active role, but he did sing and dance a little, very entertaining. On Friday I went to see the Nutcracker with Christian's class...again, very entertaining. Friday night was a ladies night out with some of the moms at school. I really enjoyed spending time with these ladies. It amazes me that I see some of these ladies more often than I see my own family, and I learned SO much about them on Friday night! How did I not know some of this stuff? I really enjoyed it and look forward to another night with them!
Saturday Brian had a scout meeting, and the boys had rehearsal for their Christmas program, so I stayed home and read my book! It felt very normal, and nice to just sit! And I got quite far in my book club read. I just got it on Monday, and I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it before our next meeting, but I am almost done. Lamb is just as funny as I was told! So good! Last night we packed the boys some snacks in the car and drove around looking at Christmas lights. It doesn't seem as though people go as crazy with the lights as they did when I was little...but there were still a few that did not disappoint! We had fun looking and even took a drive through our --hopefully-- future neighborhood.
Today was an early start for us all. Typically we go to GIFT and Sunday School at 9:45 and attend the 11am service afterward.

However, today Benjamin played bells at the 8:30 service, with practice at 8am.

Not exactly how I like to start a Sunday, but it worked out in our favor because Brian and Christian were able to do some Christmas shopping before our next activity. The boys had their Christmas program this afternoon, which was again...very entertaining!

I loved watching Christian belt out those Christmas carols with his mouth open wide! Too cute! (he is the glowing eyes on the top left row)

Benjamin served as an usher...nice work!

After the program, we came home and cleaned up a little, Brian looked at snowblowers (its time!) ate dinner, and watched a movie! HOW GREAT! Now while the kids read, I blog!
It has been a wonderful weekend, sprinkled with such a variety of people, and I am grateful for each one of you!

OF COURSE...just as I finish up, the phone rings with a subbing job for tomorrow! Go figure! The week has started just a little early!

No comments: