Saturday, December 20, 2008

SNOW DAY 2008!!!

What are the odds that the ONE day I didn't wish for the snow day...it came! The boys had some fun activities planned at school Friday, and its a bummer that they are missing out on them...flip side WE HAD A SNOW DAY!!! The boys spent some time in the glorious snow and I snowblowed the driveway...my first time using the snowblower!! I love the extra time with them, and now they have 17 days off for winter break! Crazy!

Thursday night was book club. Again, we had some fantastic foods! This month we did actually discuss the book a little. It was very funny and I highly recommend Lamb-The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. I want to stress that it is meant to entertain, not educate! Brian and I have not entertained much in this house, and to be honest I was a little nervous about how it would go...and it turned out beautifully, so maybe next time I won't be as nervous to have guests over.
We had parents night out on Friday night. Brian and I had a gift certificate to the Redwood Room, so we joined 2 couples from church and had a wonderful dinner! So delish! The 6 of us ended our night with a little B&E (legal of course!!) before the kids were picked up from church!



Today was cookie making day. Each year I make an assortment of holiday cookies, and as the boys get older, the more help they provide. This year my family was not able to join us because of the weather, so it was just Brian the boys and I, but we still had a great time, and we got almost all of them made.


The boys decided they wanted to hang out in the snow in their swim trunks, so we heated some towels in the dryer, and away they went!



After cookie making, Benjamin took out a puzzle and we got started on that while Christian and Brian hung out...It was wonderful!

Tomorrow we have tickets to see A Christmas Carol at the Rochester Civic Theatre. I am excited to see it! It is a one man show, so I am curious to see how it all works out.

No comments: