Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday

I have found a blog that is not only inspirational...but entertaining as well. One of the things she talks about, and encourages, is the Not Me! Monday. Here is an excerpt from her blog:

Not Me! Monday was born out of a desire to admit some of our imperfections and reveal a few moments we'd rather forget.

Why?

Well, for one, because it's just plain fun to pretend that we really did not do the things that we actually so did do. And, two, because reading through great tales of other people's Not Me! Mondays each week is a great way to level the playing field. We're all human, we all take embarrassing shortcuts, and so we may as well show each other that we're all in good company!


So I am going to give it a shot this week....

Over Christmas break I did NOT stay up progressively later each night. I did NOT stay up until 3:30 am Friday night just because I could. Na uh, not me.

Again, over Christmas break I did NOT eat everything in sight and gain 7 pounds. I did NOT go more than 3 days w/o a vegetable, and I certainly did NOT go out and buy a large stock of V8 from Sams Club to try to make up for my lost veggies---and still not had one can.

I did NOT enter a competition this past week with my husband to see who had the most facebook friends. And I certainly do NOT regret rejecting some of the names that sent me friend requests...if only I knew then that it would turn to this. Definitely NOT me!!! As a side note...the one rule is we can not be friends with the randoms...so fret not if you are a facebook friend of either of us ;)

I did NOT get moody when I had to take down the Christmas decorations. And it certainly had nothing to do with missing the look and smell and feel of the holidays. I certainly am not looking forward to next November already.

And lastly, today I did NOT get up much earlier than I usually do on school days, bring the boys to school, come home, open a Dt Dew and take a nap for an hour. Maybe those progressive late nights were not such a good idea?

Ooooh, that was kinda fun, maybe I will do more Not Me! Mondays?

No comments: