Friday, November 13, 2009

Beauty is only skin deep

Or is it - true beauty lies within?

Can it be both?

My post really has nothing to do with that phrase, but I've been thinking about that lately, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

To be honest, I have had so much to say, and so little to say the last week that I have not written at all. I have found God's Grace has touched sweet Stellan. Oh that boy truly is a miracle. Please head over to MckMama's blog sometime. Catch up on the SVT FREE boy. Yes. It's true. He is healed, and saved. God's amazing Grace.

I've been busy with meetings with PPT. I enjoy the people in these meetings. Thank goodness, because I sure spend alot of time with them! Our Auction fundraiser raised nearly $24,000 this year! Awesome job to those who helped make it such a success. These year's goal is to reach out to those who do not assist with auction day, or contributed to the bake sale and thought they were done. They're not. And our focus now is to help them understand the role of our fundraiser, and remind them that they too are apart of the school, and it is their children we are working so hard to raise the money for! Sigh, it won't be easy. And unfortunately for us, that means more meetings and more work. But hopefully that will mean more hands in the future! Many hands make light work right?

I've also been puppy shopping. Yes, I said puppy shopping. The boys really, really, REALLY want a dog. And I am caving. Like a snowfort on a sunny day. I'm melting fast. Especially when I look at their little puppy faces online.

And working. My 6 weeks over halfway over, and hopefully I'll be able to keep up with my blog a little better when I'm done subbing. However, I am loving it! The students have warmed up to me, and I've got such a wonderful support group in the staff. I am able to talk with each of the boys' teachers (outside of their homeroom teachers), and have been able to form new friendships with some of the staff that I haven't known as well. In addition I get hugs nearly every day from some of the younger kids, I'm able to see how much (if anything) the boys eat at lunch, and I am getting paid to do all this. That is still crazy to me. This has been such a blessing indeed.

We've celebrated some birthdays, I've worked at the store, made lefse, B had a small surgery, visited the inlaws, rejoiced new births, and stood in awe of God's grace over Stellan...all in all it has been a fantastic couple weeks. Thank you to those of you who check so regularily to see if I've posted. I'm working on keeping a fresh page for you in the next couple weeks. Bear with me....

Maybe watch Food Inc when you get a chance. Yikes.

Organic.
Local.
Read labels.
Don't get caught up in coupons just to save a buck. Look at ingredients.
Not just in food.
Work in progress.
Always learning and growing.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Thanks for the update! Just wanted to say hello and let you know that I do continually check back to see how things are going! Hoping that this weekend brings you nothing but smiles! :)