Monday, November 3, 2008



We got some very sad news today. Joe Stanich who was a fantastic teacher at Lincoln back when Jadee and I went there, passed away from cancer over the weekend. Here is part of the email I received with the news...I couldn't have put it better, so I will post what Beth wrote:
He was the well-loved teacher who helped start Lincoln K-8, and he is the man responsible for the saying,” Welcome to the greatest school in the universe.” When Joe was teaching in the building, he began every morning with a friendly visit to every teacher. Whenever he noticed a visitor in the building, he greeted the person with a happy smile, a handshake, and his famous quote,” Welcome to the greatest school in the universe.” Joe was a revolutionary who taught kids NOT a subject. He is the reason we have circle discussion and Uppers electives at Lincoln. I never met anyone who didn’t love and respect him as a great teacher and a greater man.

Joe is the reason I made it through my first year at Lincoln. He was an incredible mentor and friend.
I am a better teacher and person for having known Joe.


He touched many lives and he will be greatly missed. Please keep his wife Gwen and their family in your prayers.
Lord, God, you are attentive to the voice of our pleading. Let us find in your Son comfort in our sadness, certainty in our doubt, and courage to live through this hour. Make our faith strong through Christ our Lord.


No comments: