Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving is for giving Thanks!

Thanksgiving is for giving Thanks! is one of my favorite Thanksgiving books. I have read it to the boys for years, they are probably too old for me to keep reading it...but I do anyway!

Yesterday I made lefse for the first time in my life. And when I say "made" lefse I mean, helped roll it into balls, and then turn, and cozy, turn and cozy...that was my job! Allison did all the rolling, and from what I hear, its probably best, or we would have ended up with letters for lefse instead of round!! But it was fun to spend the day with her doing something that has been a tradition of hers for as long as she has had kids.

Brian and Benjamin along with Paul and Bennett had a cub scout outing in LaCrosse to attend, (in the FREEZING COLD!!) so Christian and I spent the day with Allison and Jackson. We didn't plan on staying as long as we did, but when we were ready to go, we found that Brian had the keys...so we were stranded! It was super to just enjoy the day, and not worry about running around, or cleaning, or laundry...better yet, we came home to a Christmas decorated house!

I can't wait to spend Thanksgiving Day with ALL of the Meurers on Thursday! Each year we go to Brian's Aunt Helen's house for the day. The house is always full of people, and food, and fun! It really is a wonderful Thanksgiving and I look forward to it every year! Then Saturday we will spend the day with my family at my mom's house! 2 Thanksgivings this year, means I should fast for the next couple of days!

I have so much to be thankful for this year! The blessings are many for me in 2008. I have found long lost friends, I have strengthened existing friendships, and made new friends too! I have found work that I truly enjoy, and I look forward to going each day! I am thankful for our church and the wonderful things that are happening there, and I am excited to see them come to life! I am thankful for my family, near and far, they are wonderful in ways that I learn about each day. My two wonderful boys amaze me and humble me, and I am everyday grateful to be a part of their lives! And most of all I am grateful for my husband. I am thankful that he loves me and the boys, and I am thankful that God brought us together in marriage this year!
It has also been a bittersweet year, having lost my grampa, but I know he is where we all want to be, and for that I am thankful too!
Ok ok ok...enough giving thanks!! Have a wonderful week! Eat til you can't eat anymore!

No comments: