Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby Stellan

Spring Break has ended, and while we were threatened with snow...it never came. I have to say I am very disappointed that my crocuses have yet to make an appearance this year. It is sad to pull in the driveway, poke around in the garden, and find nothin'. Well, except a few left over weeds from last year!

We had a wonderful Spring Break. We took a couple days and went to Wisconsin Dells and stayed at the Kalahari Resort. Not only do they have a water park, but they have a theme park as well. So we spent our time on the lazy river, going down the slides, shooting hoops in the pool, testing our abilities with the body boarding--as well as playing laser tag, driving go karts, climbing the rock wall, doing the rope course and riding the ferris wheel--all indoors! I can't believe how stick em up rob you blind slightly over priced things are in a hotel like that. $2.50 for a bottle of water?! No thank you, I'll pass!
We had an amazing time as a family, we were all exhausted at the end of each day, but it was definitely something we all wanted and needed! A stop at the outlet mall before we headed back home on Tuesday rounded out our mini-cation. (I will post pictures soon!)

I would like to take a minute to ask each of you to say a prayer for baby Stellan, he has been at Children's hospital with SVT (Supra ventricular Tachycardia: A very rapid heart rate electrically originating on an inappropriate spot on the heart)



This family is from Minnesota and while I do not know baby Stellan personally, nor do I know his family, I have been following his mother's blog for much longer than I have had my own. She is an inspiration to parenting, she has opened my mind to different philosophies and ideas that had never occurred to me before and she is a devout Christian who has been so firmly planted in her faith with God that I am encouraged and excited to read her blog each day. I can not even imagine what pain this mother must be going through, and to stay so strong in her faith just inspires me to have a better relationship with our amazing Creator.



Even in her roller coaster ride in the hospital with her MckMuffin, she is fully set on the knowledge that He knows exactly what He is doing. And that His plan is in full force, and while we may not understand, He is in absolute control. Ahhh, if only I could remember that when I have a broken truck window, or when I am sick in bed with a cold that won't go away, or when the gas bill comes in a little higher than I would like. I have been blessed with healthy kids, and a loving husband, a supportive family, as well as amazing friends and co-workers. I am blessed beyond my own imagination, in the ways that TRULY matter.

After church today, Benjamin made a comment about how Pilate wasn't really responsible for Jesus's death. We talked about how even if Pilate would have told the people "No, you can not have Jesus," God's plan would have been carried out in one way or another. It was always in God's plan to give up his SON! for our sins. This time of year I am especially reminded of how absolutely AMAZING our God is! Just as everything in my life is no surprise to God. He isn't hanging out thinking
"Whoops! How did that happen? Must not have been paying attention!" He does not give me more than I can handle, and He never leaves my side. Thank you to Jennifer for helping me, reading about her sweet Stellan, and her struggles during these last few weeks, and her clinging to the Word, and finding peace in the Word has helped me to be closer to God. To put absolute trust in Him that no matter what happens, I will be stronger, wiser, and more fit to handle whatever will come next.

Please, take a minute to visit her site, Stellan's future is still very unclear, and this whole family could use our prayers.

www.mycharmingkids.net

Dear God,
Please hear my prayer. I go along each day, trying to run my life my own way. I forget to let go and give you control.

I wonder why things aren't going the way I want them to go. I forget to stop and ask what you want, Lord. Please help me to give you control. I want to follow you. I want what you desire for me.

Help me to realize that when you close one door, you open the one you want me to walk through. Help me also to realize that what I desire may not be what is meant for me, or what is best for me.

Lord, let me accept each day as a gift. Let me follow the path you choose for me. Help me to be thankful for what you give me and not to worry about my needs. I trust you will take care of all my needs. Remind me that my role is to care for those around me and focus on those who need my help.

Help me not to be judgmental, as we are all equal in God's eyes. Help me to see the good in all of your creations. Let me leave the judging to you, dear God. Instead, I will concentrate on living to please you!

Help me, dear Lord, be who and what you want me to be. Give me strength, faith and hope, and most of all, give me guidance each and every day. I let go and give you control.

In Jesus name,

Amen.

No comments: