Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday



Yep! It's that time again! Not Me Monday is all about the things I totally did, and I can 'fess up to them here, w/o actually having to admit to them. It really is quite therapeutic!

This past week I definitely did not purchase rice krispie bars at SA on the way to AND from the VA clinic. And I certainly did not eat them all in the car before I got home!

I absolutely did not blog on Friday about all the work the hubby and I were going to accomplish this weekend, only to avoid it. We did not enjoy our trip to Wabasha to visit his family on Saturday. I did not feel one bit guilty as we visited with our friend Mike and he mentioned a shindig he is having on the weekend that I thought I would have a garage sale. I did not have second thoughts as I filled "party" in on my calendar in place of said garage sale! And because of this change to our schedule I am absolutely w/o a doubt putting off not going to put off house purging a little longer!

Today I did not eat a few extra chicken poppers at Lincoln just because I know my study diet starts tomorrow, and I won't be allowed to eat anything but the CRU cafeteria food for the next 4 days.

It is a little depressing that my Not Me this week are all related to either being a procrastinator or a Li'l Miss Piggy...but I've been working my butt off with my trainer this week and I am exhausted/hungry!

Along with my Not Me, I'll let you in on the progress I made over the past 8 weeks.
When I began my training 8 weeks ago, we did a max test. Max testing was just having to do the weight 1 time. If I could do it we went up in weight until I couldn't even lift it once. I did it again Friday May 1st. My results were not too shabby if I do say so myself!

Max 8 weeks ago;
Chest press: 50lbs
Lateral Pull: 70lbs
Leg Press: 200lbs

Friday, after the 8 week training;
Chest Press 70lbs
Lat Pull: 90 lbs
Leg Press: 300 lbs

Woo Hoo!!! I am really looking forward to making further progress by adding in some cardio. So if any fellow Y members are looking for a class buddy, or a work out partner give me a shout!

No comments: