Sunday, April 4, 2010

Gibberish

As I prepare and write my dad's eulogy cruise the internet tonight, I see that many are writing about Easter. How appropriate. I could do that too. I could talk about the absolutely breathtaking music we had today during our service. The bells, the choir, the brass with the trumpets...wow. Stunning. The service Pastor Vern gave was amazing. Pastor Vogt asked for prayer for our family in the wake of dad's death. It was a touching morning.

But.

I dance to my own drummer remember?

I could talk about the fact that I blogged long ago about writing dad's obituary and eulogy, only to not do either. I did complete the obit. It was submitted. It was printed wrong. So they printed it the next day too. All better.

I didn't do the eulogy. Until now. It's a work.

How do you sum up into 3 minutes the life of your father? How can words in just 3 minutes even begin to do him justice?

I'm trying. Well, not really trying because I'm blogging now, and I've already facebooked.

I spent money at Walmart today.

I'm sorry.

It was only like 7 dollars.

Benjamin came up with an AWESOME saying today while we were there. ALL on his own I promise. He is insightful!

Wanna hear it?

As we heard the beep beep beep of the cash registers (we were all the way in the back of the ginormous store too) he said "It's the constant beep of an economic decline."

Wow.

Good boy.

Ok, eulogizing my dad now. After I check FB again, and maybe eat my potato chip and jello purchase from Walmart because I couldn't live w/o them after I saw them...but THEN eulogizing for sure....

Today was a tough day. Tonight is better. What emotions will tomorrow bring...I think I already know.

OK eulogy. I'm going, I'm going!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. Writing my Mom's eulogy made my heart deeply ache, so I understand how extremely difficult it is. It's hard to see the rest of the world go on with life and celebrate holidays and life's milestones while you're experiencing such sorrow. Big hugs to you!