Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ok this was weird!

Weird. Who created that word? Who decided what it would mean? I thought the words "Ok, this was weird" and when I wrote them down, the word took on a whole new spin!

Weird-
–adjective 1. involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny: a weird sound; weird lights.
2. fantastic; bizarre: a weird getup.
3. Archaic. concerned with or controlling fate or destiny.

Synonyms-
1. unnatural, preternatural. weird, eerie, unearthly, uncanny refer to that which is mysterious and apparently outside natural law.

No, this is not a post about the word. You don't think I would do that do you? Bear with me here for a bit though. This is one of the words that does not fit the "i" before "e" except after "c" rule. I hate the exceptions, they throw me off. And I used to be in spelling bees.....

Anyway.


I have been doing a lot of praying for The offenders. Now mind you, they probably aren't obvious offenders to people like you, just offenders to people like me. I get to be the lucky one. Anyway, I haven't really seen a change, of course, it is quite soon since "the talk" but still...no real change. So I pray. I battle my human desires to just throw in the towel, move in another direction and just forget it. Somedays I think it would be easier. But, God never said our road would be easy did He?

Ok, to the point.

When I started to rethink the route I was taking as far as praying for the afore mentioned, and started to think perhaps I should do something different, I read this;

Mercy.

Compassionate forbearance given to one who offends you, instead of seeking for them the punishment they actually deserve.

What good does it do for our own spirits for us to spend time seeking to ensure that those who offend us get their just deserts?

None at all.


Compliments of MckMama.

So, I am back at it. I will continue to pray that things will turn around. I will continue to pray that things will indeed continue to get better for all involved. I will also pray for guidance in my interactions so that this will continue to not affect me negatively. And again, I will thank Him for introducing me to MckMama!

No comments: