Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hanging on

I'm in my 4th night in a row at dad's house. My family stayed here last night, but since B has to work and the boys have school, it's just me and my sisters tonight. And Ian. It's good.

To the shock and awe of everyone involved, including hospice, dad is still hanging on. I have lots to write about regarding yesterday. It was scary, exhuasting, frightening, and life changing. Just having made it through yesterday is a blessing in itself.

But I can't write about that tonight.

Tonight I have to write his obituary.

And my eulogy.

And plan his funeral.

I have to find hymns and songs.

I have to find strength to do all this.

I know He is with me. I know He is with all of us.

1 comment:

Kami said...

I'm praying for you, sweet friend. Know that God has you wrapped in His loving arms. I'm here if you need to chat! :)