Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just a smidge



It has been a solid week since I have slept in my own bed. I have showered at home, and changed clothes, just to turn around and come back each day. I finally brought a couple loads of laundry here to be done while I wait. Today, we bathed our dog. He has been such a good boy the last week. He hasn't had much attention, but when he is with us, he is so well behaved. Thank goodness. So, there really isn't anything to report since the last time. We're still waiting. I did think however, that I would share some pictures of the last week. I've decided not to show any of the photos of dad--with the exception of the first one.... Maybe I'll change my mind another time, but for now, I'll leave them off.

First...the last walk dad took through the woods. Uncle Craig (the hot air ballon guy) was there with us, as well as his dog Lewie...who turned out to be a wonderful distraction for dad has he threw sticks into the creek for the dog to chase. It was a beautiful afternoon, and I am grateful to have had this experience with him before he became bed bound.



This is the last time dad stood out in his yard. His yard was his baby, he spent hours and hours working in his yard...it was how he spent his days. It made him happy. I'm going to miss him...



This is how much food is left...wow, what will we do with it all? I should have taken photos of his cupboards. The amount of canned food he had stored away was astonishing! We think he was preparing for a famine.



Just the tip of the iceberg with the medications and hospital supplies all over... This is his dresser top, but there are cupboards, and bathroom counters, and tables full of supplies!



I'm working on putting a collage together...but remember when I said I was going to work on a eulogy, and obituary and preparing a funeral? Yea, I haven't gotten to that yet. I'm such a zombie, I can't focus. I forgot about conferences for Christian today, I forgot about carpooling...just hanging by a thread here.

I'd like to give my humble thanks to you all though. Your thoughtful words, your kind gestures and your amazing prayers are so appreciated, thank you to each of you for your love and support. I'll try to keep you all posted, but certainly a change must be near, and while I have all the time in the world these days to sit and look at my laptop, I am certain that this time is limited.

Thank you thank you...

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Really Jo? You are AMAZING! Tears flow. I'm inspired by your Spirit, your soul. I can't, won't, think about the day one of my parents pass. And you are here living it out. Thank you for letting us be a part of it. My heart breaks daily for you and your family. Wishing I could do more....