Sunday, November 7, 2010

Make it worthwhile

We are successfully 2 months into the school year.

2 months into having a 7th grader. A 7th grader who would likely forget his head, knows everything, is insecure and full of ego all at the same time, may have asthma, played an awesome year of football, and is still not ashamed to call me mama and initiate cuddle time.

2 months into having a 5th grader who for the first time since he started 1st grade is rocking out the beginning of the year! He has been on his game since day one, completing his school work w/few to no reminders, scoring well on all his tests, is engaging new friends, is learning to say 'I can' rather than 'I can't', who is charming and naive, and who is still not ashamed to call me mama and initiate cuddle time.

I'm loving my new job at the school! New job at the school you ask? Yea, I haven't blogged about that yet. Sorry. I have a position at the school as an Early Childhood Special Education Paraprofessional. ECSE for future reference. I work one on one with a child in kindergarten who has down syndrome and can I just say that this is above and beyond the most rewarding and satifying and pleasing job I have ever had. (that I get paid for that is....mothering is light years ahead of any job ever) The student I work with is sweet and lovable and is performing far and above the expectations that not only the school, but his parents had for him when they decided to send him to Lincoln. I'm thrilled to be working everyday in the boys' school, and to be apart (officially) with the staff at Lincoln is a pleasure that I didn't think was possible. God has blessed me once again with my heart's desire, a desire that I am grateful for beyond words.
Best part? My name tag says ECSE Kinder Para. That's right, I'm 'kinder' than the rest of 'em!

I know it has been ages and ages since I've posted photos, and I am working on that! Next up will be a photo only post. I'll provide a montage of photos of the last few months to bring you up to speed. Deal?

Til then! Prayers to my friend Kami on the birth of Ethan Bennett! He is beautiful and I can not wait to come and meet him! Congratulations Kami and Monte!!!

No comments: