Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Tree

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Tis the season to be Jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la. Up on the Housetop click click click....I could go on and on singing my favorite holiday tunes, but I will spare you.

Thanksgiving has passed, and our family is getting into full holiday mode! I love this season! The smells, and sounds, and sights of the Christmas season make me feel warm and fuzzy all day every day. I adore it.

That's why our family takes tree shopping very seriously vaguely seriously. B and I take it seriously, the boys are just so trusting carefree, that they just come along for the ride! If you remember, last year our attempt to cut one down was a flop. The year before the boys battled it out with the boughs of pine. This year, they were nowhere to be found. (no camera this year either, we forgot!) Dodging in and out of the trees, playing and laughing, they had no say in this year's tree. B and I were left to choose it with the same guy who has helped up the last 7 years. I think we were successful!



The boys think it's too fat. Sigh....


We listened to dad's old Christmas albums while we set up the tree. It was a beautiful afternoon!

At the Lincoln Auction this fall we bid on - and won - a piece of art from one of the staff members. He will take a picture of our choosing and draw it to the size of our choice. I've been snapping pictures here and there of the boys, this is one of my favorites so far! Great shot of my beautiful boys!

No comments: