Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Found my calling!

Yep I did it! After years of wondering what I should do when I return to full time work, I have finally figured it out. Of course, it will involve several other people uprooting themselves from their full time positions. It wasn't my idea though, so I'm just going to go with it! You know, tag along. Go with the flow. Ride on the coat tails. And see where it takes me!

Rock Band.

Beatles Rock Band to be exact.

Beth, Darin, Paul, Allison, Brian and I. We are going to travel around (from one karaoke bar to the next--locally at first of course) and we'll be the next Beatles tribute band.

Now, I'm not talking real guitars and drums either 'dontcha know'. I'm talking Xbox 360 style. We're good. Beth, Allison and I sing in perfect harmony whatever pitch our voices can find. Darin does a bang up job on the drums while Paul and B rock out on guitars.

Many of these folks have solid incomes using their vast educations, but we all agree--we ROCK! So who needs steady work and real income? When you have a dream you have to pursue it right? Not sure if this is really anyone's dream, but it could be fun right?

When did I figure this out? Tonight. We've rocked together several times before, but never with the Beatles Rock Band, and never with 3 part harmony ummm singing--kinda. Actually, I bet we won't even go on the road. I bet we won't even leave the living room. And it is probably for the best...at least for now. For now, we'll keep rockin out, lego style, beatles style, 80's rock style...whatever style we grab first!

It's good to be in the company of awesome people when the tough get going isn't it. It's good to know there are people out there who have your back. Today started out with some tough news, and only continued to bring more unhappy news. I'll share more, when I know more. Tonight though? Tonight was great! Great food, great drinks, great tunes, and great company!

***still no camera cord, so no photos to show...

Likely won't post again before the new year, so my best wishes to each of you. Have a happy and safe new year, and I'll see you again in 2010---Thanks Jim!

No comments: