Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What am I grateful for in 2009?--in bullets

Not all inclusive of course...but I could go on for days if I went into detail. Our Savior tops any list I could make about gratitude. Always. He is the beginning and the end. Awesome.
  • I am ever so grateful for my husband, Brian, who loves and respects me. I am blessed to have him in my life as a partner, best friend, and bed buddy (yes I said it GASP! shock and awe...are you done yet? Get it out of your systems. Ready? Good.) I look forward to sharing many more moments big and small, good and bad with him. I do I do.
  • I am grateful for my sons who bring laughter, and life into my world. I am in awe that I get to be their mother, and I cherish every moment we have together. Thank God for choosing me to be their mother.
  • I can't believe my dumb luck that I have the book club that I do. The women in my BC are supportive, funny, charismatic, educated, and an absolute joy to be around. I look forward to spending time with them every month--sometimes more! Thank you ladies for loving me and helping me bring the book club in my head into real life! Thanks WINOS (Women In Need Of Sanity!)
  • Gratitude for our GIFT group is essential to this list. Meeting with these people every week, sometimes twice, is a blessing I sometimes take for granted. Another group of extremely educated people from various backgrounds with kids of all ages, and all terribly funny and enjoyable. Brian and I stumbled upon this group years ago and haven't looked back. Christian's teacher, as well as a few friends from high school are included in this group and I feel ever so fortunate to be able to be with each of them in a place where we get to praise the One who brought us all together. The support I have been given time and again from this group is immeasurable, and for that I am grateful. I also feel fortunate to be one of the people they look to for support...awesome people, awesome group.
  • Lincoln K-8. This school not only provides top notch education for the boys, but is consistently reaching to new heights to improve their curriculum. InSciEd-Out is the newest science program being taught through Mayo Clinic, breakthrough science right in the classroom. Laptops for each students, multi age classrooms, technology offerings that no other school has and a staff that is dedicated to helping students succeed. The school was a grassroots effort by parents many years ago that has allowed for parents like me to have a choice and an impact in our children's education. Private school w/o the price. It's an added bonus that it is my Alma mater.
  • The friendships I've made through the school. Wow. Priceless. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful the people at this school are. I've made life long friendships with many people through volunteering and being involved. I am even fortunate enough to be able to work in the school from time to time. I am definitely grateful for these people and the time I get to spend with them in and outside of the school.
  • WT--if and when you read this, you know who you are. I am grateful for your wisdom, your understanding and your encouragement to make uneasy choices in a time where things are uncertain. Your confidence and knowledge and extensive experience are essential and I thank you for being on my side.
  • Blogging friends. Yep, you guys are definitely on this list! You are the only ones bold enough to leave your comments where people can read them rather than emailing them, and you have continued to fill me with your grace, your support and faith. I am enriched when I read your blogs, and I am blessed to call each of you my friend. Thank you thank you.
  • Brian's job. While it has it's rocky moments for him, and we wish we could adjust his schedule to meet his sleep needs, I am grateful that he is in a position with work that he likes and with people that he likes. It is an income that has allowed for me to be able to work part time and still be available for the boys. He is secure in his position in an economy where things are not guaranteed, and we are grateful for that too. He enjoys his job good bad and ugly. It has provided a home for us that we can grow old in, and that can't be measured by words.
  • My family. We don't always see eye to eye--so much so that sometimes people (including my family) wonder if I was adopted-- I am learning that it doesn't matter if we agree or not. I love my sisters, my niece and nephew and my parents. I look forward to spending more time with them in the next couple of months while we make preparations, and hope that we will continue growing our relationships no matter what the future holds.
  • Jill, Eric, Bonnie, Mike, and sweet Callie. Each of you hold a special place in my heart, and I don't see any of you nearly as often as I would like. I wish distance didn't play a part in our friendships, but I love each of you and I praise God for each one of you. I think of you often, and hope that the new year will bring us more time together.

I think that wraps it up for now. Of course like I said, this is not all inclusive. I am grateful for many things that have happened in 2009. I've had some hurdles to climb this year, and I believe they are only making me stronger. I have a lot to learn, and more hurdles to go over, but I am up for the challenges that I face--largely because of the aforementioned bullets. Thank you. Here's to a fantastic 2010!!

No comments: