Monday, December 7, 2009

Umm Hello?

I know I know. I haven't been keeping up. I told you I was done subbing and I would stay caught up, instead I have taken more subbing positions and have fallen behind--again. I am so fortunate to have been asked to fill in for all of the paras at Lincoln in the last couple of weeks, so I have still been in the school. But now...at least as of now...I work tomorrow and will have some time off. So lets get brought back to speed shall we? Our family has kept so so busy with holiday festivals and preparations.
Here is just a taste....


First, our stop at the tree farm. We weren't willing to get a tree unless it was perfect, so here are their "Oh well, better luck next time" faces. We left this tree farm empty handed, but with frozen feet and a wet dog!



Then, we went to the Peace Plaza to light the Christmas tree and enjoy some holiday cheer. We ate cookies, drank hot chocolate (with Baileys for adults!) and watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas which was being projected up on the wall of the building. It was chilly but oh so fun!

And lastly-- for those of you who have the volume on when you visit our blog, you are graced with 2 of my favorite songs. One is by Bebo Norman. We played this song during the lighting of the Unity Candle in our wedding, and the second is Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World."

The last pictures are of the boys and me when good ol' Louis's song came on the radio. Benjamin got up from the table where he was doing his homework and asked me to dance.

Christian joined in. Awww right? Right. For many many many years---ok, since they were born-- I have loved to dance with them in the kitchen. Fast, slow, jiggity, salsa...doesn't matter, we like to dance together. It's our thing. For just us to share. Just mom and her boys. We rarely get a picture to capture it forever, but the memories are there. And I cherish them.

Dinner is beeping, all my boys have come home, more updates to come!

No comments: