Monday, February 15, 2010

Not Me Monday



I've had some moments this week that I am not really that proud of. And that is where Not Me Monday has come in! Do you have some moments from the past week that you would never admit only in the privacy of the World Wide Web? Then jump on the Not Me Monday train! MckMama created this as a way to admit all our imperfections w/o actually having to admit them! Head on over to her blog to check it out!

This past week I was not so focused on Benjamin who did not turned 12 on Saturday that I did not forget about Valentine's Day. Actually, I didn't forget about it, I just put it off preparing it for so long that I did not have to go out Sunday morning to get the boys - and my husband- their Vday cards and gifts.

Oh yea, and it wasn't me who did not get my husband a gift, only the boys. And it really (truly) isn't because he doesn't deserve one (because he does!) I just dropped the ball. (really, where did that phrase come from?)

It definitely was not me who begged him to tell me what he got me for Valentine's Day--on Saturday. I'm not a fan of surprises so when he returned from shopping, I did not ask him to just tell me what he got for me. And after hearing the gift, I was not speechless. It was not the most thoughtful, sincere and out of the blue gift, and I am not super excited to use it!(uh uh, don't go there, it isn't like that!)

And lastly, it is not me who still has some Christmas decorations lingering through out the house. I am far more efficient at removing my house of all signs of Christmas the week after it has passed. And I would never take down the tree just days after the holiday only to keep up the other decorations out of sheer laziness to get to the attic and take down the empty totes to store said decorations in. Nope. Not me!

Well, now that I have that out of my system, I have some totes to retrieve! Whadya say, wanna Not Me?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i hear you on the xmas decorations...i still have a few lingering around as well...