Today though, I'm taking a break from talking about him. Not that he isn't on my mind...because he is. He always is. Even when I'm talking about snow or science fair projects or school board meetings...he is always in the back of my mind. But today? I'm trying to remind myself that He is in control of all of this. Tuesday was a nightmare for me, but it wasn't for Him. He has His hands all over this, and I have to have faith. Trust. My strength comes from Him. Praises.
No, instead of talking about dad today, I'd like to bullet a few things that happened the last couple days.
- Benjamin poured the drinks for Ash Wednesday's Lenten meal at church. I wasn't there, but I hear he did an awesome job. He stayed focused even when kids became a distraction, and he kept people hydrated and filled. Good Job Benjamin....however (yep, with 12 year olds it seems there is always a however) HOWever, when we got home and he was jittery, and vocal, and couldn't stop talking...I began a replay of the evening. He was squirrely during the service, he was antsy in the car, and he couldn't stop talking for nearly an hour. That was when B said "Benjamin, while you were 'bartending' at church, how much caffiene did you have?' To which Benjamin responded 'I don't know' AHHHH, this is a child who doesn't have access to caffiene. And THAT is why!
- Lunch dates with girlfriends are a neccesity. I have pulled away from many of my friends and confidants lately, and this was one I considered postponing. I am glad I didn't. We had a blast, I laughed, nearly cried -from laughing- and really enjoyed myself. Awesome. Dear Cate, I look forward to the next one.
- Even if Christian says he wants a haircut, he needs me to be the one in control. After placing a bet with him back in July to keep his hair long through his birthday, he earned the haircut. He even went longer than he needed to. Today was the day. After browsing a book at the Men's Barbershop, he found a style he liked. 3 inches later he left the shop with an ear to ear grin and total excitement. We returned home, I left for the gym and to retrieve Benjamin from his science fair judging, and when I got back, he was all tears. It didn't look the way it did at the shop, and he is crushed. Mommy mode kicked in and I smoothed him over. We'll see how tomorrow morning goes. Yikes!
- After going to the gym the last 3 times w/o B, I am finding that I like it better when he comes with.
- I'm REALLY looking forward to the big fancy auction Teacher's Dinner this Saturday. In the fall our school organizes an Auction fundraiser for our PPT budget. One of the items auctioned off is a dinner put on by the teachers. We bid on it with 4 other couples and won! This is not your ordinary dinner either folks...we spent nearly $800 on this dinner! And, we are getting that back in return! Our entrees sound amazing, the male teachers wear tuxedos...this is not your everyday dinner! I bought a new dress tonight, and I am so so looking forward to this evening. I will definitely have an update after the big event! Yay us!
That wraps up todays thoughts-in-bullets. Have a fantastic Friday!